The 40/40R Single IR Flame Detector detects hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires using advanced flame analysis tools. The detector provides early warning of flaming fires working at 4.5 μm for maximum sensitivity, and immunity to false alarms from IR sources such as sunlight and IR projectors.
The 40/40R is the most durable and weather resistant single IR flame detectors currently on the market. Its new features include a heated window, to eliminate condensation and icing; HART capabilities, for digital communications; lower power requirements; and a compact, lighter design.
Due to increased reliability, the 40/40 Series warranty period has been extended to 5 years and is SIL2 (TUV) approved to IEC 61508.
- Sensitivity selection
- Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) - to assure continued reliable operation
- Heated Window - for operation in harsh weather conditions (snow, ice, condensation)
- Multiple Output Options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
- 0-20mA (stepped)
- HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- High Reliability - MTBF - minimum 150,000 hours
- Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 - TUV)
- 5-Year Warranty
- User Programmable via HART or RS-485
- Hazardous area zones:
- Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present
- Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present
- Ex approved to:
- ATEX & IECEx
- TR CU (EAC)
- 3rd party Performance Tested