The 40/40M Multi IR Flame Detector is specifically designed for detection of hydrocarbon and hydrogen flames. It detects hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires at long distances with the highest immunity to false alarms. The 40/40M can detect a gasoline pan fire at 215 ft (65m) or a hydrogen flame at 125 ft (38m) in less than 5 seconds.
The 40/40M is the most durable and weather resistant flame detector currently on the market. Its new features include a heated window, to eliminate condensation and icing; HART capabilities, lower power requirements, and a compact, lighter design.
Due to increased reliability, the 40/40 Series warranty period has been extended to 5 years and is SIL2 (TUV) approved to IEC 61508.
- Multi spectrum design - for long distance detection of hydrocarbons and hydrogen flames
- High false alarm immunity
- Sensitivity selection - to ensure no zone crossover detection
- Automatic and Manual Built-In-Test (BIT) - to assure continued reliable operation
- Heated window - for operation in harsh weather conditions (snow, ice, condensation)
- Multiple output options for maximum flexibility and compatibility
- Relays (3) for Alarm, Fault and Auxiliary
- 0-20mA (stepped)
- HART Protocol for maintenance and asset management
- RS-485, Modbus Compatible
- High Reliability - MTBF - minimum 150,000 hours
- Approved to Safety Integrity Level 2 (SIL2 - TUV)
- 5-Year Warranty
- User Programmable via HART or RS-485
- Hazardous area zones:
- Zones 1 & 2 with IIC gas group vapors present
- Zones 21 & 22 with IIIC dust type present
- Ex approved to:
- ATEX & IECEx
- TR CU (EAC)
- 3rd party Performance tested